Text demo to 99000
If you have no idea what that text above means, then the following detailed instructions are for you.
- First, watch this video. It demostrates how to send a text message using an iPhone, but the same basic process applies to just about any phone out there.
- Instead of sending a text message to someone in your contact list, simply type the numbers 99000 in the "To" field. These numbers are called a short code.
- In the body of the message, type demo. This is called a keyword. Keywords are unique for every short code. For example, no one else can use "demo" with "99000". Keywords are not case sensitive.
- Now send your message.
- Within a few seconds you'll get an automated response confirming your subscription with a disclaimer letting you know that message and data rates from your mobile carrier may apply. plus instructions on how to opt out.
- In a few moments you'll get another automated response with a custom message we created specifically for this demo. Pretty cool huh?